Welcome to FP20 Analytics Data Challenges
The gateway to unlocking your full potential! - Embrace the power of collaboration! Showcase your talent, skills, and achievements!
FP20 Analytics > Challenge 14 >National Fuel Market Analysis > About
Want to learn how to build Pro reports? You should jump into this real-life dataset challenge. With personalized feedback and informative workshops, this is your opportunity to take your report-building skills to the next level, build your professional portfolio, and network with like-minded people.
During this challenge, we will analyse trends in a National Fuel Market. Through careful data analysis, the project aims to trace the trajectory of fuel prices, providing insights into the factors influencing these changes without delving into complex statistical methodologies. By analyzing the pricing data of gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels, the project intends to offer a detailed overview of how fuel prices vary across Argentina.
The FP20 Analytics Challenge 14 is brought to you in collaboration with ZoomCharts. Thanks to this partnership, we're integrating ZoomCharts' exceptional Power BI solution into this competition to enrich your skill in creating excellent reports that help business users explore data quickly and intuitively.
To participate in the challenge with ZoomCharts register here and create a Power BI report including at least 2 ZoomCharts Drill Down Visuals in one report page
NATIONAL FUEL MARKET ANALYSIS
Why participate in the ZoomCharts Challenge?
1. Personalized Feedback ️
The ZoomCharts team provides personalized feedback to EVERY report entry that meets the requirements. This gives all participants the chance to hone their skills and adjust their report before deadline, giving you an extra competitive edge in the challenge.
2. Receive a Free License
Upon signing up for the challenge, you will receive a FREE Drill Down Visuals Developers License that lets you access the full Drill Down Visuals PRO library. This license remains active for a year after the last challenge you take part in. Meaning, you can access the latest advanced data visualization tools to enhance your projects for a full year.
3. Learning Resources
Participants receive all the latest information on upcoming workshops and events, demonstrating how our team of proven professionals approaches visualizing the given dataset for the challenge.
You also have the chance to book 1:1 calls with a Power BI mentor who will analyse and give specific suggestions to improve your report.
4. The Main Prize
Last but not least, entering the challenge with ZoomCharts puts you in the running for an additional $300 Amazon gift card!
FP20 Analytics > Challenge 14 > National Fuel Market Analysis > Introduction
The challenge will run from Monday the 26th of February 2024 at 15:00pm UK Time to the 26th of March at 11:59pm UK time.
All tools permitted.
Create a Power BI report including at least 2 ZoomCharts Drill Down Visuals in one report page!
Access to the LinkedIn Group and Forum
Below is your show time. Read me carefully!
FP20 Analytics > Challenge 1 > National Fuel Market Analysis >The Brief
This data analysis project is designed to investigate the trends and fluctuations of fuel prices across Argentina during the last few years, focusing on various fuel types and sellers. By collecting and examining data from a range of sources, including government databases and fuel companies ,the study aims to uncover patterns of price adjustments, seasonal trends, and differences across regions.
Through careful data analysis, the project aims to trace the trajectory of fuel prices, providing insights into the factors influencing these changes without delving into complex statistical methodologies. By analyzing the pricing data of gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels, the project intends to offer a detailed overview of how fuel prices vary across Argentina.
1. What is the average price of Gasoil Grade 2 across all provinces?
2. Which company has the highest total sales by city?
3. How has the price of Petrol Premium - 95 Octane changed from September 2022 to October 2023?
4. Which region has the highest average price for Compressed Natural Gas?
5. Can we observe any significant difference in fuel prices between daytime and nighttime shifts?
6. What is the price range for Petrol unleaded - 95/98 Octane in the Buenos Aires province?
7. How many different types of products are sold by the company "AUTOMOVIL CLUB ARGENTINO"?
8. Which city in the Patagonia region has the highest recorded price for any fuel type?
9. What are the top 10 companies by sales revenue in 2023?
10. What is the total revenue generated by each flagged company if we assume each price corresponds to one sale?
11. Which company experienced the greatest percentage change in the price of Gasoil Grade 3 between September 2022 and October 2023?
12. What was the highest and lowest prices of Gasoil Grade 2 in the province of Buenos Aires during the year 2023?
13. Which month had the greatest profit win in the prices of Petrol unleaded - 95/98 Octane during the year 2022?
14. Are there significant correlations between geographical location (latitude and longitude) and product prices for a specific company?
15. What was the product that showed the highest sales?
16. Was there any month in the year 2023 where a trend of increasing prices for all products sold by a specific company was observed?
17. Which company showed the greatest volatility in the prices of all its products during the year 2023?
Important - Background information
FP20 Analytics > Challenge 14 >National Fuel Market Analysis > Special Requirements & Judging Criteria > Submision of entries
Special Requirements & Judging Criteria
All tools are permitted for the challenge.
For ZoomCharts Challenge: create a Power BI report including at least 2 ZoomCharts Drill Down Visuals in one report page.
Reports are restricted to a maximum of two pages.
Canvas size is 16:9 (Default Power BI size) or Full HD size = w:1920 - h:1080.
ZoomCharts Participants Judging Criteria
Business users use reports to make data-driven decisions. That’s why reports are called effective if they enable users to drill down and filter data quickly and intuitively to find answers to any question they might have and analyse data in all possible directions and dimensions. We will evaluate:
1) How easy is it to understand the data? (max 10 points)
Is too much text used for explanation?
Are the indicative colors in charts instinctually understandable?
Does it tell a story?
2) How easy-to-use is the report? (max 14 points)
Cross-chart filtering implementation across the report. Can other visuals provide relevant data as the user explores the rep
Drill Down: multi-layer data exploration. Can the user drill down and gain additional insights within the report?
Use of tutorial overlays and other elements to assist new users. Can a new user start using this report straight away with just the guidance provided within the report itself?
3) How good is the report design and is it suitable for its purpose? (max 10 points)
Visual design: is the overall look consistent, no empty spaces, no overcrowding?
Interface design: are there unnecessary visualisations/buttons/complexity in use?
UX design: is the produced report usable?
Report design: is the main challenge answered?
Technical: are all the fonts used the same, are the sizes readable?
You are encouraged to use various techniques at your disposal, such as tooltips, drill-throughs, drill-downs, cross-chart filtering and page navigation features, to enhance your analysis.
There is 1 Excel dataset.
1. An Excel spreadsheet with 1 tab.
2. PDF with the Intro and Brief in English.
3. PDF with the Intro and Brief in Spanish.
Resources that will inspire you to master Power BI reports that end-users will love:
1. Use-Case Gallery: Try live demos and download reports made by the ZoomCharts team
2. Video tutorials: Watch engaging video guides on how to set up and use the visuals
3. Documentation: Technical deep-dive about ZoomCharts visuals
4. ZoomCharts Blog: Useful tips & tricks for data visualization and report creation
5.Visuals Gallery: Explore all the possible customization options for Drill Down Visuals.
Submissions of Entries.
To submit your two-page report, please follow these steps, if you want to be considered for the Zoomcharts' prize, otherwise post your entry in the challenges group.
1. Submit your entry .pbix file here. Your report will undergo validation to ensure it meets all the technical requirements. If the report is validated, you will receive a 'Publish to Web' link. If it does not meet the requirements, you will receive a rejection reason and will have the opportunity to resubmit your report.
2. Post your submission on LinkedIn:
1. Upload the report as a PDF document on your LinkedIn feed.
2. Use the caption "I am participating in FP20 Analytics Challenge 14”, along with screenshots from your report.
3. Include a summary of your report's key insights and publish it to the web or NovyPro link.
4. Use the hashtags #FP20Analytics, #FP20AnalyticsFuelAnalysis, #builtwithzoomcharts, tag @Federico Pastor and @Zoomcharts.
5. Additionally, post your report in the FP20 Analytics LinkedIn Community Group.